Electronics & Programming Basics
About this course
This module will open in November 2018!
Electronics and Programming Basics will get you started with creating light installations, your own switches, musical instruments and more! Make a prototype or get artistic - it’s your choice. This module is absolutely beginner-friendly and requires no previous experience on programming or electronic music. Mehackit Maker Kit is a perfect match with this course but any Arduino-based starter kit will work out, too.
- Target group: 13-19-year-olds and educators
- Length: 4 chapters 1,5 hours each (= 6 hours). Material can be adjusted for longer teaching sessions as well.
- Format: Self-paced course module with video tutorials, student assignments and educator instructions
- Contact: email@example.com
You'll learn basic concepts of electronics and circuits, basics of programming and everyday electronics. You will find out what kind of applications programmable electronics has in our built environment. After completing Electronics and Programming Basics you can move on to more advanced Project Modules which can be adjusted to diffent themes, interests and curricular needs.
The lesson structure
- For the Educator
- Crank Up the Voltage and Get Coding!
- Switch Stuff On and Off
- Sense the Whole World
- Let's Move!
For a pair of students you will need:
- A computer running Windows, Mac OS or Linux
- Keyboard and mouse
- Arduino Starter Kit, Mehackit Maker Kit or equivalent
- Working Internet connection
For programming Arduino you will need a free application Arduino IDE which can be downloaded from the Arduino website
Teachers and students are eligible to receive an official Mehackit badge certification upon the completion of this course.